OVERVIEW: LAKE HUMANTAY
This route is ideal for nature lovers who do not have many days.
- You will find spectacular landscapes, with exotic flora and fauna along the walk.
- You will enjoy the adventure through beautiful valleys and white mountains.
- The Humantay Lagoon is considered one of the most sacred mountains and lagoons in the region.
Our tourist agency will pick you up from your different hotels from 03:30 to 04:00 am, then continue with your trip until you reach Mollepata town where we will enjoy a typical breakfast in the area. After breakfast we will return to our bus to continue our tour Humantay Lagoon Full Day and so we can observe the beautiful landscapes and streams that surround us until we reach Soraypampa, where we started our hike to the Humantay lagoon. Here our specialized guide will give us enough time to be able to enlist our equipment such as canes, water, personal backpacks etc. We will start with our hike to the Humantay lagoon at an altitude of 4,250 m.s.m., our ascent lasts about an hour and a half until we reach the Humantay lagoon. When you arrive at this beautiful Humantay lagoon, you will have all the time necessary to be able to enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds us and also fill us with the energy that this mountain of the snowy Salkantay has. Here our guide will give us a demonstration of the use of the coca leaf and a small offering to our apus (Mountains) that allowed us to arrive, which we will be participants of it. After all this beautiful adventure we will descend to where our bus left us (Soraypampa). Continuing the trip we will go to Mollepata where we will enjoy our lunch and after that we will return to Cusco, arriving at the city at 18:30. This culminates our hike to the lagoon Humantay full day.
- Tourist transport Cusco -Soraypampa - Cusco
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English)
- 01 lunch
- Emergency first aid kit for the group.
- Feeding not mentioned
- Income for the lagoon
- Water-resistant trekking boots
- Warm clothes
- Rain clothes depending on the season